Waiting, always waiting; if most people were to add-up all the time they spend waiting for a delayed flight, they might be shocked to find how much of their life they really are wasting, just waiting. Life is precious, it is time to change your ways and make the most of that unavoidable “wait time” at the airport. Below is a list of 10 awesome ways to spend your time while you are waiting for your next flight!
- Wear or bring workout clothes when you travel; with any delays you can complete your daily exercises right there at the airport (aerobics, jogging, Pilates, Zumba, etc.). Who knows, you may even get some fellow passengers to join in.
- Hail a cab and go to the closest museum, historical site, cool restaurant or some kind of “place of interest”. You never know what wonderful spot you might stumble upon or people you may encounter (of course be safe and travel wisely)! Life is short too; explore the world with every opportunity.
- Learn a foreign language. There are some wonderful disks available for self-study that you can pop into your laptop! Think about it, over the course of a year how much time is wasted while you wait! By doing this you may even increase your opportunities; employers are increasingly seeking out bilingual individuals!
- Make a new friend at the airport. Challenge yourself to approach a person different from yourself and try to learn something from them. You’ll be surprised how enriching your encounter can be!!
- Take a course online, there is always room for improvement; something serious or fun, anything to stimulate that mind of yours is a big plus!
- Meditate, perform yoga or pray. Taking a moment to relax and de-stress can take years off your life!
- Write a nice letter/email to a loved one or friend or someone you have not seen in awhile; reconnect with the people in your life!!!
- Walk, walk and walk some more……explore the sights, sounds, smells and people in the airport and improve your health while doing it!!!
- Bring your camera with you and work on your photography skills; the people, architecture and images of everyday life at the airport are amazing! Even better, bring a video camera and try to interview someone or capture unusual things, have fun with it!! If nothing else it can be a chronicle / diary of your life.
- While reading may be an obvious answer, I cannot leave it out because I firmly believe “to read is to fly: it is to soar to a point of vantage which gives a view over wide terrains of history, human variety, ideas, shared experience and the fruits of many inquiries.”
Next time you are sitting around the airport try one of these; do not waste your life just waiting anymore!!!
Happy trails from IrvsLuggage.com !!!