- The Top 10 Travel Gifts for the Adventurer
- Keep Calm and Carry Your Bag On
- 5 Expert Luggage & Travel Tips to Make Every Trip Your Best Trip
- One person’s African Safari adventure tale
- New Airline Weight Limits
- Waist packs: A classic that never went away
- Celebrate The New Year With New Travel Goals
- New ways to RFID protect
- How to Travel Like a Rock Star
- Hobo Bags- Fine leather items at an affordable price
Tag Archives: Antler LuggageImage
Free Antler Carry on! Limited time only.
April 26, 2013 in Carry Ons, Travel News
Tagged antler duolite luggage, Antler Luggage, antler luggage review, antler luggage reviews, antler luggage usa, antler zero luggage, antlers luggage, carry on, Carry-On Luggage, cheap antler luggage, free carry on, free luggage, luggage antler, spinner luggage
How to Beat the Luggage Weight Limit
A vacation is a luxury that is getting more and more expensive. Airline tickets alone are quite costly and can put a large dent in an already pinched travel budget. So the last thing one needs when traveling by air is the additional cost associated with overweight luggage, luggage fees. Below are some tips to help keep your luggage within the airlines’ allowed weight limits and thus avoiding this additional expense on your next trip:
- The best way to reduce your luggage weight is to buy lightweight luggage. I know sounds pretty obvious but many people do not realize how much the weights of various luggage brands can vary. Some of the lightest luggage brands on the market (that do not sacrifice quality) include Antler Luggage, Eagle Creek Luggage and International Traveller Luggage.
- Pack lightweight, versatile, washable clothing including Ex-Officio Travel Wear. Choosing lightweight black clothing is an especially great choice because it can easily be dressed up or down and is terrific at hiding the dirt.
- Everyone has their favorite toiletry brands but using only travel size bottles that easily fit in cosmetic bags and toiletry kits is a must!
- Limit the pairs of shoes you bring (make sure they are comfortable too). Wear a versatile pair of shoes on the plane and pack only one additional pair (if you have to).
- Wear or tie around your waste a versatile coat or sweater and do not pack any additional ones.
- Bring jewelry, scarves, and ties to mix-up your wardrobe; leave all that additional clothing at home. Travel jewelry cases and tie cases allow for easy packing.
- Never bring a blow dryer as almost all hotels now provide them on site.
- Lay what you want to bring out on your bed and then put half of it back (only bring your absolute necessities and favorites, you will be happy to wear them several times anyways).
- Buy a luggage scale and do not leave home until you are under the limit and please do it the night before so you do not miss your flight!
- Finally, the best way to avoid luggage fees is to pack light enough to only need a carry-on bag! I am sure many of you ladies are rolling your eyes right now, like that will ever happen; but remember less is more……or at least less expensive!!!
The more money you save on this trip, the more money you will have for your next one!!! Ahhh traveling truly is the spice of life!!!
Happy lightweight trails from Irv’s Luggage!
Posted in Travel News
Tagged 10 ways to avoid luggage fees, 10 Ways to Beat the Luggage Weight Limit, Antler Luggage, carry on bags, Carry-On Luggage, Eagle Creek Luggage, ex-officio, exofficio, How to avoid luggage fees, How to beat the luggage weight limit, international traveller luggage, jewelry cases, lightweight luggage, luggage accessories, luggage fees, luggage scale, packing accessories, tie cases, travel clothing
Airline Baggage Regulations – Is Carry On Luggage the Way to Go?
The Thanksgiving holiday just passed and thousands of people will be heading to airports, to fly around the country after spending quality time with their families or friends. With all of the hustle and bustle of airports during this very busy season, many of you may wonder how you will manage to keep your sanity. With longer waits and more airlines putting restrictions on the items that passengers can travel with, you have to ask yourself – is it really worth it to fly?
The answer is YES! As you plan to visit your family or friends this holiday season, the last thing you want to worry about is whether all of your belongings will fit in spinner suitcases or carry on luggage or backpacks and are within the airline size requirement allowed. This is where Irv’s Luggage (and brand new legislation comes in!)
The recent announcement of a new bill, The Airline Passenger BASICS – or Basic Airline Standards to Improve Customer Satisfaction – Act will start to change the flying experience for many travelers. This act will protect consumers from excessive baggage fees at airports and charge airlines that do not comply with these proposed standards. This act will not only benefit consumers in the short term (more money in your pocket) but in the long term (more pleasant travel experiences) as well.
According to new legislation proposed by Senator Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, “Many airlines consider checking a bag not to be a right, but a privilege – and one with a hefty fee attached. The Airline Passenger BASICS Act will guarantee passengers one checked bag without the financial burden of paying a fee, or the headache of trying to fit everything into a carry-on.”
Until this legislation is passed, as travelers you have to be aware of what luggage is available to you and how it will fare on your trip. Antler Luggage is a great European-based company that gives frequent travelers the ability to pack a lot in a compact space (and not have to worry about size restrictions); Delsey Luggage is not only lightweight luggage but comes in both hard sided and soft sided styles in a variety of colors; and Heys Luggage has something for the whole family from their Disney by Heys line for kids to their Crown Edition by Heys line for the frequent business traveler. Whether you are looking for luggage for long term travel or just a weekend getaway let Irv’s Luggage help you with all of your travel needs!