I recently traveled on business to Philadelphia, PA for Irv’s Luggage. The City of Brotherly Love, the birth place of the nation, all sorts of history just permeating the 5th largest city in the United States (who knew?) Not known for the biggest population or overwhelming skyline, Philadelphia is however a city of firsts. Rather appropriate, as this was my first true business trip.
But before I even got on the plane, I had to pack. I needed to plan for casual, business casual, extra shoes, toiletries, business collateral, and anything else I might pick up along the way. I needed a plan.
In recent history, I’ve become a big fan of packing cubes. They fit together nicely in my luggage, keep my personal effects (from clothes to electronics) sorted, and overall just make keeping track of everything so much easier. I find myself worrying less about if I packed all the socks I brought with me or that all my shirts are together. I know, because using the packing cubes (in my case I use the Athalon variety pack) helps me eyeball everything instead of having to dig for what I have left. Irv’s Luggage carries other styles from Travelon and Eagle Creek, so count on a variety of options to choose from, and each one worth it.
The key to the packing cubes (as any seasoned traveler might tell you) is rolling your clothes properly and tightly (refer to the video). You can fit plenty of shirts and pants as opposed to bundling all your clothes loose and hoping they stay in one place. Shoes can go inside your bag and a packing cube will make sure nothing gets on your other clothes (and that everything easily slides together.) A carry on bag or an expandable luggage case all of a sudden has a lot more capacity than you originally thought. You do it right, you just might save $25 on a checked bag fee.
The best part about having all your belongings organized? Less time worrying about your stuff and more time spent on taking in the local sights –
Posted in Travel Extras - Trip Essentials
Tagged accessories, Athalon, best luggage accessories, carry on, check, Eagle Creek, expandable luggage, gift, irv, irv's, luggage, luggage accessories, organizers, packing accessories, Packing Cube, packing cubes, packing folders, plane, Travel, Travelon
Valentine’s Day is almost here, have you figured out what gift to get that terrific husband or boyfriend of yours? Come on, it is a two way street, although they won’t admit it, they too look forward to feeling special on Valentine’s Day; but remember, no flowers for the guys either ;). (See blog dtd 1/31/12)
Read on to find some unique briefcases for men, leather wallets and a golf bag any guy would love.
The 2012 top selling men’s gifts for Valentine’s Day are:
- Kenneth Cole Leather Briefcases – Sharp, stylish leather briefcases at very affordable prices from Kenneth Cole; including the very popular Show Business, Mind Your Own Business, Long Story and Flappy Gilmore styles!
- Victorinox Swiss Army Men’s Leather Wallets – The Altius 3.0 from Victorinox Swiss Army Luggage is one of our top selling wallet collections and offers many different styles and designs including the best selling Barcelona and Athens wallets! The Antwerp Card Case has been a huge hit too!
- Briggs & Riley Chocolate Luggage and Briefcase Collection – Briggs & Riley is the favorite brand of road warriors the world over, both for their fabulous luggage and briefcase lines too! Check out these terrific chocolate brown Baseline and @Work pieces on closeout for that special business man in your life!
- Johnston & Murphy Briefcases –Quality high-end leather pieces with 150 years of craftsmanship and know-how behind them; Johnston & Murphy briefcases, American-made leather goods at their finest!
- Hartmann Luggage and Wallets – The oldest luggage manufacturer in America, the Hartmann Luggage name is synonymous with reliability, superiority and excellence. To really let your Valentine know you care, go with a Hartmann!!!
- Athalon Golf Bags – The perfect gift for the golfer in your life who is also a big football fan, the Athalon NFL Golf Trunks and the NFL Wheeled Golf Cover Bags are sure to be a winner!
- Crown Edition by Heys USA BioCase – The BioCase Collection is a technological innovation for luggage that puts biometric technology to work for you. Biometric technology requires fingerprint technology in order for you to access your bags. Whether you travel for business or pleasure, you can relax knowing that your valuables and important documents are safely secured in your BioCase. Biocase is made of 100% German Polycarbonate, and is nearly indestructible.
Posted in Shopping and Holiday Deals
Tagged 2012 Valentine's Day Gifts for Him, Athalon, athalon sport gear, briefcase, briefcases, Briggs & Riley, Briggs & Riley Luggage, business case, crown edition, Crown Edition by Heys USA, golf bag, hardside luggage, Hartmann, hartmann luggage, hartmann wallet, Heys Crown, Johnston & Murphy, johnston & murphy briefcase, Johnston & Murphy Briefcases. Athalon Sports Golf Bags, Kenneth Cole, kenneth cole briefcase, Kenneth Cole Briefcase Sale, leather briefcase, leather wallets, men's leather wallets, Men's Valentine's Day Gifts, men's wallet, men's wallets, Perfect gifts for men this Valentine's Day, polycarbonate Luggage, Top Gifts for Men for Valentine's Day, Victorinox