Traveling is a way of life for some, while others travel only occasionally for business or pleasure. Whatever the reason for your travel, a laptop is often at the top of the list. There are many laptop cases and bags to choose from to ensure that your laptop travels safely.
The important thing to do is assess your needs and shop for a case accordingly.
1. Fashionable laptop cases. If style is your thing, then you’ll be wanting a laptop bag that reflects your personal style; something with detail, perhaps a bright color. Cabrelli and Knomo make women’s business bags that marry style and function effortlessly. You can pick a bag that suits you and feel confident that you will have the features and convenience you need as well.
2. Rolling laptop bags. This is an essential feature for many people who find their bags get too heavy with a laptop and work files inside. Rolling cases are easy to handle and take stress off the neck, back and shoulders. Samsonite and High Sierra make rolling business cases and rolling laptop backpacks that will give you the room you need for all of your essentials.
3. Leather laptop bags. For a more polished and professional look, you might opt for a leather bag. Nothing feels as elegant as a leather briefcase. In addition, leather is durable and rugged and can withstand years of use. Oftentimes, leather bags look better with age. They take on a well worn patina that leather lovers covet. For the best leather bags available, you must look at Hartmann, Kenneth Cole Reaction and Johnston & Murphy.
Posted in Business - Technology, Shopping and Holiday Deals
Tagged best business laptop case, cabrelli, kenneth cole reaction, Knomo Bags, laptop backpacks, laptop bag, laptop bags, laptop briefcase, laptop case, laptop cases, laptop messenger, laptop messenger bags, laptop protection, laptop sleeve, laptop tote, leather laptop bag, rolling laptop bag, wheeled laptop bag
Holiday travel is coming! Here are our Top Ten Essentials to have in your luggage when you head out to the airport or on the road. We cover a wide array of items from RFID blocking accessories to TSA approved laptop bags. Are you prepared?
- Packing cubes are essential whenever I travel. They are versatile in organizing/compressing clothes, functioning as a travel kit, consolidating souvenirs, and so many more applications. They also act as a 2nd barrier if something spills in your bag, adding just that extra level of protection and peace of mind as well. Eagle Creek offers packing cubes that are just perfect to fit in luggage and hold your belongings.
- A speedthru laptop bag/case will make getting through TSA easier. No fumbling around with your netbook in your carry on or messenger bag, a speedthru laptop makes accessing your electronics so much easier. And it frees your hands up from holding your laptop while in line; easy in, easy out, easy through, and you can get to your shoes, belt, spare change, etc. a lot easier.
- TSA approved travel bottles allow you to bring some of the comforts from home with you, without risk that TSA might toss your amenities. Travelon makes travel bottles sized to TSA security specifications; these bottles hold your shampoo, body wash, or any other liquids you may need from your home bathroom.
- An expandable lightweight luggage carry-on, such as the Lucas Vortex Lite, is easier to carry than most other bags due to its lighter frame, but it can also save you on checked baggage fees! 4 Wheel Spinner luggage is easier to maneuver than other wheeled luggage, making the entire piece high on mobility, low on overall cost to you. Carry more, spend less, and an even lower risk of your checked bag getting separated from you!
- A luggage scale is another way to combat luggage fees, by addressing any weight limits for your airline. The Victorinox Digital Luggage Scale is a good option to use when you want to avoid overweight luggage fees. You can save yourself a few dollars and especially some time by testing your luggage before you leave for the airport, and meeting the necessary guidelines.
- A great anti-theft bag (especially the anti-theft bags made by Travelon) can be invaluable in this day and age. Thieves employ more and more sophisticated methods to take your information or possessions, and you have to travel smart to be prepared for such instances. Gain peace of mind that your personal electronics and items such as wallet and passport are kept safe in a slash-proof, RFID-protected, and securely fastened cross body bag or something similar.
For more information on RFID/Anti-Theft, see Travelon’s video on this anti-theft bag here:
- An RFID wallet is less visible than an anti-theft bag, but no less important to your safety. It will keep your ID and personal information protected from IR scanners and other devices intended to pick up your info while you are unaware. Definitely a great purchase if you don’t own one yet. It would also make a great gift for someone else!
- Sometimes an electric wall outlet just is not available while you’re out and about, or you have to recharge while on the move and cannot afford to sit still for 2 hours waiting for your device to charge. A mobile charger/battery pack is an invaluable item to carry with you, to get your electronic device charged when you might need it the most. In a pinch, you could reach who you need when you need, and that’s one less worry for you in an emergency! Irv’s Luggage offers a wide variety of tech accessories.
- A waterproof bag for your iPad, cell phone, or any other electronics can handle inclement weather, accidents, spills, nature, the oceans, life and adds one more protective layer for devices necessary to you when you travel. You wouldn’t have to be mindful of what’s in your pockets when caught in a downpour or dropping your phone in the snow, it would all be tucked away and secure in a sealed waterproof container. There are a lot of preventable accidents that can disable one’s electronics while abroad, be ready for some of them and ultimately save yourself the expense and trouble of a replacement.
- Personal organizers work much like the packing cubes, only a more proportionate size for what you need in it. A jewelry organizer would keep your earrings, necklaces, rings, and other assorted accessories together and matched up in one place without risking losing them in a baggie, dropping them somewhere, or breaking while sitting in your suitcase. Toiletry kits are a necessity for keeping your bathroom amenities in one place and packed together tightly, rather than have your shaving kit or hand mirror sliding all over the inside of your luggage and at risk to spilling or breakage. Everything is so much easier to find, keep track of, and travel with peace of mind regardless of how your luggage may shift.
These 10 items are our top picks for what to take on vacation. They’ll make traveling more organized, efficient, smoother, less worrisome, and add to the overall experience for veteran and rookie travelers. You can worry less about certain details and definitely enjoy and focus on where you are, what you’re doing, and the family you’re spending time with. While you can’t always predict what will happen on a trip, these accessories will make sure you’re more prepared and organized for whatever may happen.
Posted in Business - Technology, Travel Extras - Trip Essentials
Tagged Anti Theft Travel Accessories, best travel accessories, Eagle Creek, Eagle Creek Luggage, expandable luggage, laptop bag, laptop case, lightweight luggage, luggage accessories, luggage scale, packing accessories, Packing Cube, RFID, rfid handbag, RFID wallet, spinner luggage, toiletry kit, travel accessories, Travelon, travelon travel accessories, TSA friendly laptop case
Were you lucky enough to get a new laptop for Christmas this year? If you were, it’s time to buy a new laptop case to protect your new gift. Laptop cases have come a long way over the years… just as laptops have. The selection ranges from the ubba-urban neoprene laptop sleeves to the conservative yet classically styled leather laptop cases to the highly durable and wildly popular traditional nylon laptop business case. No matter what style of laptop computer case you are looking for, Irv’s Luggage has the perfect selection at the perfect price!
Here are my three favorites…
For the chic yet somewhat traditional business person… my top pick is the Victorinox Architecture 2.0 Trevi Expandable Laptop Briefcase (SAB 303223). This is a perfect laptop case for the up and coming business person (men or women) as it features dual main compartments and a a built-in Aero Sleeve™ padded computer pod with breathable window to help extend the battery life of your laptop. This is an expandable laptop case, and will hold a laptop up to 15” screen size. What I really like about this Trevi computer case is that it is lightweight, has pockets and files to hold all my stuff and its made of durable ballistic nylon. This has an adjustable, padded shoulder strap plus durable carry handles which makes carrying this laptop case a breeze. The Irv’s Luggage price is $169.97 and this laptop case will ship for free! A great deal on a great laptop bag. Check out all the Victorinox Architecture Laptop Cases at Irv’s Luggage!
Looking for a leather laptop case? You can spend a lot of money on a variety of traditional leather brands: Tumi, Hartmann, Johnston & Murphy, Marc New York, but one of my favorites is the David King Leather Porthole Laptop Briefcase (DK BP 119). As one of the world’s largest importers of South African leather, David King Leather offers classic style, elegance and design features that make this leather laptop case very popular. Offered in black leather, café colored leather and tan leather (natural), the styling of this leather laptop case makes this a top choice. Designed to hold up to a 15” laptop, this David King leather computer bag weighs in at 5 lbs… so you know that it is durable. Irv’s Luggage offers this David King laptop bag at $127.97 and of course, it will ship free.
And, for just the ladies… the McKlein W Series Glen Ellyn Detachable Leather Laptop Wheeled Women’s Briefcase (MC BL 9436). What I really like about this women’s laptop case is that you can choose to either wheel it or carry it by the handles or a shoulder strap. Offered at Irv’s Luggage in a choice of colors, this women’s leather laptop case holds up to a 15.4” laptop. Fun, durable, and definitely styled for the fashionable woman.
Posted in Shopping and Holiday Deals
Tagged briefcase, business case, David King, David King Leather, expandable briefcase, laptop bag, laptop briefcase, laptop case, laptop sleeve, leather briefcase, leather laptop bag, mcklein, women's briefcase, women's business tote, women's laptop tote