Whether you are an experienced traveler or not, you will always require your trip to be as secure and convenient as possible. There are some travel accessories that you can take with you that will give you peace of mind. These items may be small yet they can play a large role in making your trip more enjoyable, safer and easier.
When you talk about packing accessories, these include packing cubes, jewelry holders and packing folders. Having these items will make packing and unpacking more organized and will actually save space in your luggage. You will never travel without them once you have used them! You can look at the best packing accessories for your needs today!
When you take your next vacation, you should keep your valuables inside of an anti-theft bag. Having one will keep all your important papers and documents safe while you are enjoying your destination. Actually, most travelers today make use of anti-theft bags for the peace of mind they give. Consider having one for yourself today.
Traveling is indeed a great experience but it can be costly. With a digital luggage scale, you will never have to pay overweight baggage fees again. The money you will save on baggage fees will certainly take your travel dollars farther! You will find a lot of luggage scales in the market today. You just have to find the best one for your needs.
I recently traveled on business to Philadelphia, PA for Irv’s Luggage. The City of Brotherly Love, the birth place of the nation, all sorts of history just permeating the 5th largest city in the United States (who knew?) Not known for the biggest population or overwhelming skyline, Philadelphia is however a city of firsts. Rather appropriate, as this was my first true business trip.
But before I even got on the plane, I had to pack. I needed to plan for casual, business casual, extra shoes, toiletries, business collateral, and anything else I might pick up along the way. I needed a plan.
In recent history, I’ve become a big fan of packing cubes. They fit together nicely in my luggage, keep my personal effects (from clothes to electronics) sorted, and overall just make keeping track of everything so much easier. I find myself worrying less about if I packed all the socks I brought with me or that all my shirts are together. I know, because using the packing cubes (in my case I use the Athalon variety pack) helps me eyeball everything instead of having to dig for what I have left. Irv’s Luggage carries other styles from Travelon and Eagle Creek, so count on a variety of options to choose from, and each one worth it.
The key to the packing cubes (as any seasoned traveler might tell you) is rolling your clothes properly and tightly (refer to the video). You can fit plenty of shirts and pants as opposed to bundling all your clothes loose and hoping they stay in one place. Shoes can go inside your bag and a packing cube will make sure nothing gets on your other clothes (and that everything easily slides together.) A carry on bag or an expandable luggage case all of a sudden has a lot more capacity than you originally thought. You do it right, you just might save $25 on a checked bag fee.
The best part about having all your belongings organized? Less time worrying about your stuff and more time spent on taking in the local sights –
Posted in Travel Extras - Trip Essentials
Tagged accessories, Athalon, best luggage accessories, carry on, check, Eagle Creek, expandable luggage, gift, irv, irv's, luggage, luggage accessories, organizers, packing accessories, Packing Cube, packing cubes, packing folders, plane, Travel, Travelon
Avid travelers know that investing in a great piece of luggage is a key component of successful travel but they also know having the right luggage accessories to accompany this great piece of luggage is crucial to hassle-free travel as well. After consulting with several world travelers and top luggage experts the following list was compiled of the ten must have luggage accessories in 2012:
- TSA Approved Lock – With airline security being tightened throughout the world and the chance of encountering a luggage thief always a concern, a high-quality TSA lock that can be unlocked as well as re-locked by security personnel ( so your belongings continue to be secure even after going through security).
- Luggage Tags – With the paper tags provided by the airlines susceptible to being lost and thus your luggage being lost too; a good, sturdy, colorful luggage tag that will also help identify your luggage on the carousal is a must for all kinds of travel.
- 3 oz. Bottle Travel Set – A bottle/container set that includes of a variety of 3 oz. bottles to choose from, that will allow you to carry a limited numbers of liquids on-board as the TSA now dictates.
- Luggage Scale – Even though sometimes you feel like bringing everything but the kitchen sink. Keeping your luggage within the weight limits required by the airlines, so as to not rack- up exorbitant baggage fees, makes having your own personal luggage scale to weigh luggage while at home or on the road (before arriving at the airport) key!
- Laptop Sleeve – Some business travelers may bring a laptop business case as a carry-on but many travelers will not, so a laptop sleeve to protect your computers is of critical importance.
- Dopp Kit – A well designed nylon toiletry bag with great organizational features including a hook (to hang your bag in the shower or by the sink); and while leather is considered a more luxurious material, a well designed nylon bag that is water resistant is a far better choice when taking your “personal essentials” on the road.
- Packing Folders & Packing Cubes – Packing efficiently is critical due to baggage fees and the desire of most travelers to have wrinkle-free clothing. Packing cubes and folders can help make this happen! Another added benefit of using these handy packing aids is the less likelihood of bed bugs creeping into your clothing while sitting in a hotel room, due to the zippers and velcro closures keeping the little critters at bay.
- Garment Sleeve / Bag – Some luggage pieces are designed to be suiters but many are not! A garment sleeve is great for packing suits and dresses for that all important meeting or party on your trip.
- Shoe Sac – Shoes have all sorts of dirt, chemicals and germs on them, so keeping them separated from your clothes and personal effects is very important.
- Hide-Away Tote Bag – Rarely, if ever, does someone go on a trip and not end up purchasing some kind of additional “stuff” that needs to be packed in an already over- stuffed suitcase for the return trip home; thus, having a hide-away, collapsible, tote bag as a catch- all for all those additional “treasures” is perfect!
Posted in Travel Extras - Trip Essentials, Travel News
Tagged 10 Must Have Luggage Accessories, dopp kits, Essentials for Airline Travel, garment bags, garment sleeves, laptop sleeve, laptop sleeves, luggage accessories, luggage lock, luggage scale, luggage tag, packing accessories, packing cubes, packing folders, toiletry kits, tote bag, travel accessories, travel bottles, travel tote, women's tote