Love to travel or know someone that does? We have done the work for you and put together a list of our top 10 most popular travel gifts; items that will be used and appreciated on every trip. Keep this list handy for Holiday, birthday, graduation and bridal shower/wedding gifts! Irv’s Luggage is so much more than luggage…we outfit the whole traveler.
- Anti-theft backpacks – we sell so many now, that you have your choice of features and style, but, most importantly, you can travel with complete confidence that your stuff is secure. My favorite is the PacSafe Citysafe Backpack with Lock-Down Technology: features locking zippers, locking cables & turn locks to prevent bag theft, RFID pockets, slash guard fabrics and slash guard straps reinforced with steel cable. NO ONE is getting into your bag or running away with it for that matter. It’s crazy to travel without one.
- Adventure vacay coming your way? You’ll be happy to have the Waterproof Secura Lock Backpack from Lewis N. Clark. Protects against water, dirt, sand and snow. Your electronics, books and extra gear will stay CLEAN and DRY, guaranteed. Plus, there is an anti-theft lock on this bag that allows you to secure it to any stationary object to discourage an unscrupulous thief.
- Travelon’s Packable Backpack – this is the perfect item for every traveler. This backpack folds up small, so you can slip it in your carry-on bag. When you get where you’re going and need that extra bag for hiking or shopping, unfold it, fill it and throw it on your back. It’s super lightweight, has a padded back, padded straps and water bottle pockets. It’s a LOT of backpack in a compact package.
- Eagle Creek Compression Packing Cubes – there are so many reasons to travel with these, but I’ll list a few of the best reasons here: 1. They keep your stuff organized, 2. Maximizes the space in your luggage. If you’re traveling in a carry-on, they will save you, 3. Keeps your stuff clean – you’ll never unpack them. Just put the cubes into the drawers of your lodging and you’re done. No worrying about who or what was in those drawers before you.
- Embroidered Travel Jewelry Pouch – this is not only a practical gift, but it’s beautiful as well. Available in 6 different luxurious fabrics, it’s the perfect gift at the perfect price, coming in under $25.
- ‘Tude Tags Luggage Tags – these neon color tags have attitude, with sayings like “Hands Off”, “Wrong One” and “Not Yours”, you can keep everyone else’s hands OFF your bags!
- Travelon’s Cooling Gel Neck Pillow – hands down, the most comfortable neck pillow you will ever use. The cooling gel transfers heat away from neck and shoulders while the memory foam provides incredible comfort and support to head, neck and shoulders. You will rest comfortably.
- The “IT” bag of the season is the Ulisse B/Y 21” Carry On from Bric’s – with its uber cool style, durable yet super lightweight polypropylene shell, USB port to charge your phone, 8 spinner wheels for smooth gliding, and expandable zipper, you can GET AWAY with this smart, sexy bag at an unbelievable price. Comes in 6 incredible colors, but the Mango is HOT.
- The Flat-Out Toiletry Kit is the perfect travel companion for your bottles, make-up and other toiletries. Its flatter design means it’s going to fit into your bag better than other, bulkier kits, while still having plenty of space for everything. Other pluses for this kit are the waterproof lining, lightweight washable fabric and hook for hanging in the bathroom giving you easy access when you’re traveling.
- Travel Sacs/Pouches – I can’t stress enough how handy these are EVERY TIME I travel! I have a set of 5 different sized pouches and use them for every miscellaneous thing that is sitting on the floor while I pack, with no home. My extra cords, meds I like to have with me, first aid supplies, extra contact lens case, sewing kit, anti-bacterial wipes and more.
Stop into our new location at 1322 S. Milwaukee Ave., Vernon Hills, IL and see our 3500 sq. ft. showroom filled with luggage, business backpacks, anti-theft bags, duffels and travel accessories! We have travel experts on hand to guide you to the best purchases for your travel/business needs.
Plus, we do luggage repair! We are the authorized repair center for United Airlines and ALL major luggage manufacturers, so stop in with your broken bag and we’ll fix it for you!
Safe travels from Irv’s Luggage!
Holiday travel is coming! Here are our Top Ten Essentials to have in your luggage when you head out to the airport or on the road. We cover a wide array of items from RFID blocking accessories to TSA approved laptop bags. Are you prepared?
- Packing cubes are essential whenever I travel. They are versatile in organizing/compressing clothes, functioning as a travel kit, consolidating souvenirs, and so many more applications. They also act as a 2nd barrier if something spills in your bag, adding just that extra level of protection and peace of mind as well. Eagle Creek offers packing cubes that are just perfect to fit in luggage and hold your belongings.
- A speedthru laptop bag/case will make getting through TSA easier. No fumbling around with your netbook in your carry on or messenger bag, a speedthru laptop makes accessing your electronics so much easier. And it frees your hands up from holding your laptop while in line; easy in, easy out, easy through, and you can get to your shoes, belt, spare change, etc. a lot easier.
- TSA approved travel bottles allow you to bring some of the comforts from home with you, without risk that TSA might toss your amenities. Travelon makes travel bottles sized to TSA security specifications; these bottles hold your shampoo, body wash, or any other liquids you may need from your home bathroom.
- An expandable lightweight luggage carry-on, such as the Lucas Vortex Lite, is easier to carry than most other bags due to its lighter frame, but it can also save you on checked baggage fees! 4 Wheel Spinner luggage is easier to maneuver than other wheeled luggage, making the entire piece high on mobility, low on overall cost to you. Carry more, spend less, and an even lower risk of your checked bag getting separated from you!
- A luggage scale is another way to combat luggage fees, by addressing any weight limits for your airline. The Victorinox Digital Luggage Scale is a good option to use when you want to avoid overweight luggage fees. You can save yourself a few dollars and especially some time by testing your luggage before you leave for the airport, and meeting the necessary guidelines.
- A great anti-theft bag (especially the anti-theft bags made by Travelon) can be invaluable in this day and age. Thieves employ more and more sophisticated methods to take your information or possessions, and you have to travel smart to be prepared for such instances. Gain peace of mind that your personal electronics and items such as wallet and passport are kept safe in a slash-proof, RFID-protected, and securely fastened cross body bag or something similar.
For more information on RFID/Anti-Theft, see Travelon’s video on this anti-theft bag here:
- An RFID wallet is less visible than an anti-theft bag, but no less important to your safety. It will keep your ID and personal information protected from IR scanners and other devices intended to pick up your info while you are unaware. Definitely a great purchase if you don’t own one yet. It would also make a great gift for someone else!
- Sometimes an electric wall outlet just is not available while you’re out and about, or you have to recharge while on the move and cannot afford to sit still for 2 hours waiting for your device to charge. A mobile charger/battery pack is an invaluable item to carry with you, to get your electronic device charged when you might need it the most. In a pinch, you could reach who you need when you need, and that’s one less worry for you in an emergency! Irv’s Luggage offers a wide variety of tech accessories.
- A waterproof bag for your iPad, cell phone, or any other electronics can handle inclement weather, accidents, spills, nature, the oceans, life and adds one more protective layer for devices necessary to you when you travel. You wouldn’t have to be mindful of what’s in your pockets when caught in a downpour or dropping your phone in the snow, it would all be tucked away and secure in a sealed waterproof container. There are a lot of preventable accidents that can disable one’s electronics while abroad, be ready for some of them and ultimately save yourself the expense and trouble of a replacement.
- Personal organizers work much like the packing cubes, only a more proportionate size for what you need in it. A jewelry organizer would keep your earrings, necklaces, rings, and other assorted accessories together and matched up in one place without risking losing them in a baggie, dropping them somewhere, or breaking while sitting in your suitcase. Toiletry kits are a necessity for keeping your bathroom amenities in one place and packed together tightly, rather than have your shaving kit or hand mirror sliding all over the inside of your luggage and at risk to spilling or breakage. Everything is so much easier to find, keep track of, and travel with peace of mind regardless of how your luggage may shift.
These 10 items are our top picks for what to take on vacation. They’ll make traveling more organized, efficient, smoother, less worrisome, and add to the overall experience for veteran and rookie travelers. You can worry less about certain details and definitely enjoy and focus on where you are, what you’re doing, and the family you’re spending time with. While you can’t always predict what will happen on a trip, these accessories will make sure you’re more prepared and organized for whatever may happen.
Posted in Business - Technology, Travel Extras - Trip Essentials
Tagged Anti Theft Travel Accessories, best travel accessories, Eagle Creek, Eagle Creek Luggage, expandable luggage, laptop bag, laptop case, lightweight luggage, luggage accessories, luggage scale, packing accessories, Packing Cube, RFID, rfid handbag, RFID wallet, spinner luggage, toiletry kit, travel accessories, Travelon, travelon travel accessories, TSA friendly laptop case
‘Tis the season to shop, and our Gift Center has a number of gift ideas perfect for the traveler in your family. Get a head start on your shopping list for Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or stocking stuffers for the holiday shopping season.
Prosafe 1000 TSA Approved Combination Locks can protect your things while still allowing TSA to check your bags as needed. Very important as you travel during the holidays, especially at the airport.
2. Victorinox Digital Luggage Scale
Don’t get caught checking your bag and THEN an overweight charge on top of it. Lighten the load (and not your wallet) by ensuring you’re within the weight restriction of your airline with this luggage scale.
3. The Mighty Purse by Handbag Butler – Leather iPhone Smartphone Charger Wristlet (Poppy Pink shown)
Don’t get caught with your phone’s battery running out again, whether you’re in the airport terminal or out to dinner. Hold all your essentials and be ready to recharge at a moment’s notice where ever you are.
4. World Time Alarm with LED Flashlight
A number of features for numerous time zones, whether you’re camping or in a hotel this gadget can prove invaluable keeping time or as a flashlight. AAA batteries means no outlet needed when you’re on the go, and it is conveniently pocket-sized to make it easy to take along.
5. Toiletry Kits
With a wide selection of Dopp, Ricardo, Travelon, and PackSmart, toiletry kits are the unsung heroes of travel. Holding together all the amenities you might forget otherwise, and keeping them safe, secure, and most importantly, together. Why rely on hotel shampoo and soap when you can bring your own?
Posted in Travel Extras - Trip Essentials
Tagged accessories, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, dopp kit, gift, gifts, holiday, light, list, lock, luggage lock, luggage scale, mall, mighty purse, mighty purse by handbag butler, shopping, small business saturday, Stocking Stuffer, toiletry kit, Travel, travel accessories, travel clock, TSA