Thieves are always looking for a new way to steal our identities and one of the most common is stealing our information using a RFID chip reader. Some of the new readers are so small that you will never know the person behind you in line has one. This isn’t new, but is becoming a bigger threat every year. The good news is that manufacturers are integrating RFID protection in more items than ever. Here are a few great new items.
One of our most popular items is an anti-theft tote. Travelon has a line of travel totes that feature both RFID protection and other safety features, like anti-slash straps and locking zippers that will keep you safe and protected against any type of theft. This is a perfect item for overseas travel.
Another great way to guard your credit cards and other items is RFID protected waist belts. These are designed to go under your clothes so thieves don’t even know you are wearing one. What I recommend is keeping a wallet and/or purse with a few items, a small amount of cash, and maybe one credit card on you, and keep your passport and a backup credit card in your hidden waist belt.
Like to keep your passport with you? The good news is that many passport cases now have RFID protection built-in. In addition, many cases have slots for credit cards so they will be protected as well. With both leather and nylon styles available you are sure to find one that suits your needs.
Lastly, if you have older wallets or passport cases that you own and love, then, by all means, continue to use them. Just make sure to purchase RFID protecting sleeves for your credit cards and passports anytime you travel overseas. This is an inexpensive way to keep your information safe. Bon voyage!
Irv’s Luggage is proud to carry Urban Junket, good for the earth and great for those on the go! Besides being made of recycled bottles, a number of Urban Junket bags have a twist: they’re powered.
Correct! Rather than risk your iPhone or iPod running out of battery and leaving you disconnected, give yourself every possible opportunity to never miss an important call by plugging your mobile into the powered bag’s power source.
Some quick notes on the battery back:
“POWERFUL & COMPATIBLE: The built-in battery pack will recharge a typical device for up to 10 days of partial charges or two full smart phone charges and is compatible with any USB or Micro USB-powered device including:
- smart phones
- mp3 players
- Bluetooth devices
- portable gaming devices
- The rechargeable battery DOES NOT charge a laptop
MULTITASKING: The Urban Junket battery pack can receive power & simultaneously give power to any compatible device. It can be charged from any standard electrical outlet or pull power from a computer. It takes about 45 minutes to fully charge the battery in the bag.”
Rest assured, when you have an Urban Junket bag with you, you don’t have to worry about your phone dying in the middle of a hike or a meeting. Urban Junket Totes and Bags provide that one extra tool to help a person through the day, which helping the Earth to boot!
Irv’s Luggage carries a number of these beautiful and utilitarian bags, handbags, laptop totes, and more. Great colors and features, not to mention lightweight to counteract whatever you might put in your own Urban Junket Tote.
The bags are functional, littered with compartments and pockets as you can see from this interior shot of an Urban Junket Robin Laptop Bag:
Undoubtedly Urban Junket can find a home with any audience, and at Irv’s Everyday Low Prices, you won’t break the bank getting your hands on one. For your college student coming home for the holidays or your friend who never has their phone charged Urban Junket hand bags and totes make a great gift for the coming season, or a “Just Because” for yourself. You just can’t argue with something that offers so much capacity, mobility, durability, and environmental awareness all in one brand. And boy, do they look stylish!
Posted in Fashion & Style, School & College
Tagged accessory, bag, device, eco friendly handbag, eco friendly tote, electronic, fashion, gadget, gift, green, handbag, irv's luggage, power, purse, reusable, sale, tote, tote bag, Travel, travel tote, urban junket, urban junket bags, urban junket handbag, urban junket robin, urban junket tote
Baggallini Dublin Crossbody Bagg
I lost weight — and I am still eating ice cream. All l I did was buy a Baggallini Bagg from Irv’s Luggage. My purse usually feels like an elephant around my neck. I gave my old, heavy handbag away for the stylish, lightweight Baggallini Dublin Bagg. The nylon, crinkle material is lightweight and easy to clean. I love that I can wear the bag two different ways — depending on my mood and destination. I can use the shoulder strap or wear the bag cross body. People are always stopping me on the street and complimenting me on my handbag. It not only looks great, but it helps keep me organized. The inside is roomy and there are slip pockets for small things. The zippered pockets in the front and back help my organization even more. The handbag comes with a matching wallet with zipper enclosure. This is a great travel accessory and bonus.
Baggallini Touring Tote Bagg
I am not worried if I get caught in a light rain shower. The bag’s water-resistant nylon will keep my things dry. I wish I could stay that dry.
The Baggallini collection also features a touring tote bag in nylon. This bag can also be worn over the shoulder or cross body. My favorite feature about this bag is the zippered cell phone pocket. Now I won’t miss a phone call because I can’t seem to find my phone, which is usually on the bottom of my bag with my junk crammed on top.
Baggallini handbags and travel bags are about organization. Each bag features pockets and zippers to keep everything neatly and safely in place. Baggallini’s motto is order and beauty. You should not have to sacrifice style for functionality.
Baggallini Sydney Bagg
For the ultimate in organization, check out the Baggallini Sydney Bagg. It contains a key fob, credit card slots, lipstick and pen holders and an easily visible ID window. The bags zippers wide open so that you can get a bird’s eye view of the inside. Hard to believe, but this bag weighs a little more than .5 pound. It will not weight you down as you travel around.
I have ruined too many handbags because they get dirty and I can’t clean them. Now that I have a Baggallini with its incredible nylon material, my bag will stay looking brand new. It is so easy to wipe it clean.
Posted in Fashion & Style, Kids & Travel, Travel Extras - Trip Essentials
Tagged Baggallini, Baggallini Baggs, Baggallini Handbags, cell phone pocket, crinkle nylon, cross body bag, crossbody bag, crossbody handbag, crossbody purse, handbag, lightweight handbag, lightweight purse, lightweight tote, nylon crossbody, nylon handbags, nylon purse, purse, tote bag, totes, travel accessories, travel tote, wallet, water resistant
Avid travelers know that investing in a great piece of luggage is a key component of successful travel but they also know having the right luggage accessories to accompany this great piece of luggage is crucial to hassle-free travel as well. After consulting with several world travelers and top luggage experts the following list was compiled of the ten must have luggage accessories in 2012:
- TSA Approved Lock – With airline security being tightened throughout the world and the chance of encountering a luggage thief always a concern, a high-quality TSA lock that can be unlocked as well as re-locked by security personnel ( so your belongings continue to be secure even after going through security).
- Luggage Tags – With the paper tags provided by the airlines susceptible to being lost and thus your luggage being lost too; a good, sturdy, colorful luggage tag that will also help identify your luggage on the carousal is a must for all kinds of travel.
- 3 oz. Bottle Travel Set – A bottle/container set that includes of a variety of 3 oz. bottles to choose from, that will allow you to carry a limited numbers of liquids on-board as the TSA now dictates.
- Luggage Scale – Even though sometimes you feel like bringing everything but the kitchen sink. Keeping your luggage within the weight limits required by the airlines, so as to not rack- up exorbitant baggage fees, makes having your own personal luggage scale to weigh luggage while at home or on the road (before arriving at the airport) key!
- Laptop Sleeve – Some business travelers may bring a laptop business case as a carry-on but many travelers will not, so a laptop sleeve to protect your computers is of critical importance.
- Dopp Kit – A well designed nylon toiletry bag with great organizational features including a hook (to hang your bag in the shower or by the sink); and while leather is considered a more luxurious material, a well designed nylon bag that is water resistant is a far better choice when taking your “personal essentials” on the road.
- Packing Folders & Packing Cubes – Packing efficiently is critical due to baggage fees and the desire of most travelers to have wrinkle-free clothing. Packing cubes and folders can help make this happen! Another added benefit of using these handy packing aids is the less likelihood of bed bugs creeping into your clothing while sitting in a hotel room, due to the zippers and velcro closures keeping the little critters at bay.
- Garment Sleeve / Bag – Some luggage pieces are designed to be suiters but many are not! A garment sleeve is great for packing suits and dresses for that all important meeting or party on your trip.
- Shoe Sac – Shoes have all sorts of dirt, chemicals and germs on them, so keeping them separated from your clothes and personal effects is very important.
- Hide-Away Tote Bag – Rarely, if ever, does someone go on a trip and not end up purchasing some kind of additional “stuff” that needs to be packed in an already over- stuffed suitcase for the return trip home; thus, having a hide-away, collapsible, tote bag as a catch- all for all those additional “treasures” is perfect!
Posted in Travel Extras - Trip Essentials, Travel News
Tagged 10 Must Have Luggage Accessories, dopp kits, Essentials for Airline Travel, garment bags, garment sleeves, laptop sleeve, laptop sleeves, luggage accessories, luggage lock, luggage scale, luggage tag, packing accessories, packing cubes, packing folders, toiletry kits, tote bag, travel accessories, travel bottles, travel tote, women's tote